This position is responsible for all Donor Relations and Communications strategy with a focus on developing and building relationships between Portland Trails and its constituencies, especially donors and businesses. This role is relationship-based and strategic in nature, with an emphasis on increasing private support of Portland Trails, in line with our Strategic Plan.
Essential Functions: (a partial list)
Donor Relations (60%)
– Cultivate and steward potential and current private donors.
– Manage the internal systems of prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship, with strong emphasis on major gifts and corporate prospect management.
– Analyze key information to assess financial capacity, philanthropic interests, giving propensity and potential linkages to Portland Trails that will inform cultivation and solicitation strategies.
– Supervise Development Coordinator and oversee the data entry and reporting of prospect management and gift information.
– Facilitate Development Committee fundraising activities related to major gifts, planned gifts and corporate philanthropy.
– Refine the strategic communications plan using all channels to advance Portland Trails’ brand identity; broaden awareness of its programs and priorities; and increase the visibility of its programs and projects across key stakeholder audiences.
– Supervise the Outreach Coordinator to ensure successful execution of the strategic Communications Plan.
– Ensure all communications are consistent, targeted to the audience and use best practices to increase the capacity of Portland Trails.
Qualifications: (a partial list)
– Demonstrated success in a professional relationship management role.
– Experience leading annual appeals and capital campaigns in a membership organization.
– Comprehensive understanding of the tools utilized in fundraising research.
– Knowledge and understanding of communications strategies. Ability to create communications strategy to match audience and desired outcomes
– A passion for the Portland Trails mission
– Exceptional interpersonal, communications (written and verbal) and organizational skills; dependability, accuracy and attention to detail are musts.
Portland Trails offers a friendly work environment and an opportunity to make a contribution to your community and is an EOE. Position is full time salaried. Pay DOE but is in the range of $50K. Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter by June 1 to info [at] trails.org