Job Opportunities at Portland Trails
Seasonal Professional Trail Crew (2 positions)
Portland Trails is a nonprofit land trust now celebrating over 25 years of conserving land and building trails and infrastructure for recreation and transportation in greater Portland. We are seeking two full-time Seasonal Trail Crew members to conduct trail construction, trail maintenance, habitat enhancement, school ground enhancement and other physical work throughout the trail network.
– Responsible for the functionality, ecological integrity and appearance of Portland Trails’ network of properties and trails.
– Responsible for the safe use, maintenance and repair of equipment and tools.
– To support safe and rewarding volunteer engagement experiences for local groups.
– To serve as a representative of Portland Trails at all times. (this is a public position)
– Equivalent experience
– Knowledge and understanding of land conservation strategy.
– Demonstrated experience building trails and boardwalks, mowing, tree work, stonework, mechanical maintenance, invasive plant removal, and structure repair.
– Familiar with southern Maine ecosystems.
– Demonstrated success managing groups of volunteers.
– Proficient with carpentry and landscaping tools and techniques such as power saw, chainsaw, skid-steer loader, brush mower.
– Strong attention to detail, demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness
– Excellent interpersonal skills
– A passion for the Portland Trails mission.
– Available for monthly evening and weekend activities.
Portland Trails offers a friendly work environment and an opportunity to make a contribution to your community. Position is full time with paid holidays and vacation time. Pay DOE but is in the range of $15/hour.
Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter by May 4 (deadline extended!) to: Jaime Parker, Active Transportation Manager, info [at] trails.org.