- This event has passed.
15×15 & Annual Meeting
March 30, 2016 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pmFree
5:30pm – Annual Meeting & Member Social
6:00pm – Presentations begin
15 minutes of meeting, 2 hours of the good stuff. Join us for a TED-style forum of ideas, with snappy, dynamic presentations from speakers engaged in work and play related to our mission. Each presentation has 15 slides, 15 seconds per slide. It goes by quick, but we can assure you’ll leave entertained, inspired and enlightened. (Plus, the bar is open and there will be snacks!)
This year’s presenters:
- Stephen Wells, Senior Merchandiser at LL Bean
- Nason’s Corner Park Greening Team
- Lauri Boxer-Macomber, Maine attorney whose legal practice focuses on bicycle and pedestrian law
- Heather McCargo, Wild Seed Project and Portland Pollinators
- Elise Moody-Roberts, Walking School Bus Coordinator
- Greg Jordan, Greater Portland Metro
- King Middle School Students
- Lori Parham, Maine AARP
- Kara Wooldrik, Portland Trails Executive Director
What is a 15×15?
This type of presentation was devised in Tokyo in February 2003 as an event for young designers to meet, network, and show their work in public. It has turned into a massive celebration, with events happening in hundreds of cities around the world, inspiring creatives worldwide. The format is based on a simple idea: 15 images x 15 seconds. It’s a format that makes presentations concise, and keeps things moving at a rapid pace. The idea is for presentations to spark conversation for the audience.
Our evening is intentionally designed to create opportunities to network and connect with other attendees about the conceptual ideas presented and the implementation of trails, conservation, active transportation, and placemaking in our community.