Adopt-a-Trail is Portland Trails’ premium level of corporate support. The program offers businesses an opportunity to contribute to the trail network by sponsoring a local trail for a donation of $2,500.
Why adopt a trail?
- Promote a healthier Portland. Sponsorship funds a pressing need--the care and maintenance of a 70-mile trail network that residents of Greater Portland rely on for healthy recreation and transportation.
- Promote your business! As one of Portland Trails' major supporters, your business will be recognized in a variety of ways. Your logo will be displayed on signs along the trail you sponsor and visible to over one million trail users. We also make sure each sponsor is thanked and recognized at major events, on our website, and in our quarterly newsletter and other publications.
- Promote health in the work place. Many of our sponsors adopt a trail near their business or offices and find that the ownership employees take of these green spaces contributes to office-wide health. Many companies host walking meetings on the trails, encourage break-time walks, and collaborate on annual trail work days with co-workers on their adopted trails.
How to adopt a trail:
Adopt-a-Trail sponsorships are renewable on a yearly basis, and payments may be made in installments.
- Two “Adopt a Trail” signs on your trail that acknowledge your support and feature your color logo.
- An “Adopt a Trail” sign for display in your office.
- Your logo displayed on our website, with a link to your website.
- A sign with your logo at our GORP benefit and our annual Trail to Ale 10K.
- Listing in our newsletter, delivered to your businesses quarterly.
- A flat copy of the Portland Trails Map and Trail Guide for mounting.
- Portland Trails will manage a volunteer trail workday or a trek for your staff.
Contact Jen Goldman, Advancement Manager, to find out more about if there's a trail available for adoption near you!