Donate to 2019 Annual Fund
Whoever you are, wherever you’re going, Portland Trails is here for you. Will you be there for the trails?
When you donate to the 2019 Annual Fund, you are investing in the trails that strengthen our community.
This year, the first $10,000 in new and increased donations to the Portland Trails Annual Fund will be matched by an anonymous donor. Your gift directly supports the tangible things that keep the trails well-maintained, like tools and materials, as well as the intangible things that make the trails special, like the feeling of standing in the shade of native birch trees as a chickadee sings its song overhead. By supporting Portland Trails’ Annual Fund, you are preserving this experience for over one million annual trail users to enjoy for years to come.
This year, thanks to our 2018 Annual Fund donors, Portland Trails:
- Upgraded trails across Portland, including: Evergreen Cemetery, Fore River Sanctuary, Presumpscot River Preserve, and Canco Woods,
- Awarded three placemaking mini-grants to Portland organizations in order to advance place-based neighborhood projects, and
- Presented to international trail advocates in Japan and Korea about our democratic trail building model, thus putting Portland Trails on the world stage.
Your donation to the 2019 Annual Fund will:
- Create safer mobility for cyclists traveling between North Deering and Back Cove through a collaborative bicycle byway project with the City of Portland,
- Extend the Presumpscot River Trail toward Westbrook, an important next step in connecting local downtowns by trail, and
- Develop habitat management plans on lands owned by Portland Trails to better preserve and conserve local ecosystems.
Help us continue our hard work in 2020.