Not just an annual meeting…an annual celebration of great ideas from our community!
5:30 pm: Member reception and Annual Meeting
6:00 pm: 15×15 presentations
Our annual meeting is a night of the best ideas in trails, transportation, conservation, and placemaking from members of our community. The 15×15 presentation style inspires presenters to be deep, brief, and snappy; and it inspires audiences to walk away educated and entertained.
Presenters get 15 slides, and 15 seconds per slide, to share the story of their idea or innovation. In years past, we’ve heard from lawyers, middle schoolers, bridge builders, botanists and more. Join us for an evening of great ideas, snacks, drinks and community!
New Date: TUESDAY, May 1 - 5:30PM
Free. Light refreshments during annual meeting, cash bar.
Our 2018 Presenters are...
- Molly Brown: hand-drawn maps and a sense of place
- Peter Monro: tackling climate change (& Congress)
- Marsha Greenberg: finding HER path so you can find yours
- Liz Trice and Jocelyn Boothe: transforming Bramhall Square
- Christine Grimando: your plan for Portland's future
- Zack Rouda: bringing wild plants into people's every day
- Kristina Egan: planning for a sustainable, equitable and prosperous region
- Lauren Sullivan: using the power of music to change the world
- Kara Wooldrik: Portland Trails believes...
Check out some of the great presentations from our 2017 event!
Samantha Herr, Portland Bike Share.
Bill Needelman, City of Portland
Derek Pelletier and Maryann Welsch
Coco Kazadi, Bikes for All Mainers
Our 2017 Presenters were...
- Bill Needleman - City of Portland Waterfront Coordinator. Working waterfront expert, frequent trail commuter.
- Derek Pelletier and Maryann Welsch- Environmental consultants. Year-round bike and public transit family.
- Coco Kazadi - Accredited cycling instructor, Bikes for All Mainers advocate, and passionate community builder.
- Jaime Parker - Portland Trails' Trails & Active Transportation Manager. Strong believer in the city as a playground.
- Laura Newman - Founder of the School Ground Greening Coalition. Voted most likely to move to Scandanavia by Portland Trails staff, champion for creative, outdoor play.
- Doug Malcolm - Founder, Portland Wheelers, Registered RN, former business owner, foundation manager, and current outdoor adventurer.
- Aram Mitchell - Executive Director, Renewal in the Wilderness. Never without a backpack and a sense of wonder.
- Samantha Herr - Founder, Portland Bike Share. Community Advocacy Coordinator at Bicycle Coalition of Maine. All bikes, all the time.
- Kara Wooldrik - Executive Director, Portland Trails. Trail forager, jam maker.
- Tom Jewell - Co-founder, Portland Trails. Real estate lawyer by day, Forest City Trail mastermind the rest of the time.
- Surprise guest! - Who could it be? Come to the 15x15 to find out!