Portland Trails is a non-profit land trust that transforms Greater Portland into a healthier community through trails, active transportation, conservation and placemaking. We are seeking a part-time Development Coordinator to provide administrative support and strategy for the fundraising efforts of the organization. The ideal candidate should possess strong organizational and database management skills, and share a passion for our mission.
- Maintains donor and volunteer database. Tracks donor information and produces statistical and income reports.
- Produces fundraising letters and packages to individual and corporate donors. Coordinates and executes all bulk mailings.
- Assists with Development and Membership strategy.
- Processes all incoming monetary contributions from individuals, businesses and foundations. Makes regular bank deposits and coordinates deposit information with bookkeeper.
- Assists with events, including solicitation of sponsors, ticketing and registration, and other duties as needed.
- Provides general administrative support for the office.
- Associate degree or minimum of 2 years equivalent experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of office administrative procedures, and minimum of 1 year office experience
- Strong computer skills including a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and fundraising software.
- Available for some evening and weekend activities.
- A passion for the Portland Trails mission.
- Knowledge and understanding of fundraising
- Highly organized, creative and self-motivated
Portland Trails offers a friendly work environment and an opportunity to make a contribution to your community. Position is 24-28 hours/week with paid holidays and vacation time. $16-18, DOE. Please email your cover letter and resume to Jen Goldman, Advancement Manager, at email@example.com by July 24.
We are always looking to add people to our community of trail builders. Learn more about how you can get involved through membership, events or volunteering. Questions? You can always reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org!