A bequest is a way for us to pass on our values, not just our possessions. It is a way to make a difference in the world, even after we have passed on. As with annual contributions, every gift Portland Trails receives, regardless of the size, furthers our cause and strengthens the organization.
- How do I make a bequest? There are many ways for you to incorporate a gift to Portland Trails in your estate plan. If you already have an estate plan, a simple amendment may be the only change you need, adding Portland Trails as a beneficiary. If you don’t have a will, then consider including Portland Trails in your future plans as a good reason to get one.
- Why should I give to Portland Trails? Portland Trails is a mature, healthy and growing organization that has been integral to the community for 27 years. Due to the growth of our programs, our budget has increased every year since our inception. Each year we have been able to put a little bit of our income into savings. We have now launched our Planned Giving program in order to diversify our funding stream and ensure we continue to grow for the long-term future of the organization. Portland Trails doesn’t just build trails—we are committed to maintaining a safe and attractive network for the public to enjoy in perpetuity. Planned gifts like yours will assure that Portland Trails has the capacity to fulfill that commitment long into the future.
Portland Trails Planned Giving Guide
The following information is provided to assist individuals and estate planning professionals in naming Portland Trails as a charitable beneficiary of a lifetime or estate endowment gift.
Types of Gifts Accepted:
- -Gifts under will, such as specific bequests, residual bequests, contingent bequests or formula bequests
- -Charitable Gift Annuities
- -Insurance Beneficiary Designations
- -Retirement Plan Designations
- -Charitable Remainder Trusts
- -Charitable Lead Trusts
- -Remainder Interests in Property
Proper Designation for Gifts
305 Commercial Street
Portland, ME 04101
We are happy to discuss with you how you would like to be recognized for your planned gift. Donors may remain anonymous.
Do you want to talk more about Planned Giving and including Portland Trails in your estate plan or will? Email Jen Goldman or call us at 207-775-2411.
Questions? Contact Nora Hefner, Development Coordinator.
Portland Trails is a Maine public benefit nonprofit corporation as defined under the Maine Nonprofit Corporation Act and is a tax-exempt, publicly supported organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.