Portland Trails' 15x15/Annual Meeting has been postponed until further notice.
Portland Trails' Annual Meeting is more than just a meeting -
it's an annual celebration of great ideas from our community!
Our Annual Meeting is a night of the best ideas in trails, transportation, conservation, and placemaking from our community members. Eight presenters will each share the story of their idea or innovation in a 15x15 presentation. Each presenter will have 15 slides and 15 seconds per slide to make their point. The 15x15 style inspires our presenters to be captivating, thoughtful, and succinct, and every year, our audiences leave feeling energized about the ideas percolating in Greater Portland. In years past, we’ve heard from lawyers, middle schoolers, bridge builders, botanists, and more. Join us for an evening of great ideas, snacks, drinks, and community!
What does a 15x15 look like? Here are a few presentations from years past.
Video courtesy of Portland Media Center
Bill Needelman – The Portland Waterfront, our trail to the ocean
Derek Pelletier and Maryann Welsch – A family of bike commuters
Coco Kazadi – Bikes for All Mainers
2019 presenters included:
- Craig Freshley: Before Portland had the Internet, Portland had Bicycles
- Doug Welch: 100 years of Plastic - My Plastic Life
- Gillian Schair: Ladies Adventure Club
- Michele Praught: Virtual Walkabouts
- Simon Rucker: Appalachian Trail Conservation
- Bruce Rayner: Cape Elizabeth Plogging
- Ainsley Judge: The Life of a Bike from Scrap to Joy
- Carolann Ouellette: Maine Outdoor Tourism
- Azenaide Pedro and Nyaruot Nguany: Environmental Changemaking
- Mary Cerullo: Bayscaping
- Kara Wooldrik: Portland Trails Special Sauce